11.10.2007

Frazetta Madness!


Frazetta Style 2, originally uploaded by manlyartjpc.

Here's another "Frazetta Style" drawing. This one is original, however. I based this off a reference photo I took last summer for some pin-up work I was planning of doing. I'm really enjoying this style, it comes fairly naturally to me. I've always worked very softly and this is definitely helping me push my values more and get a much more dramatic effect. I hope I can bring some of this mojo over into my paintings. We'll see. (...and no, I'm not saying I can draw nearly as well as Frazetta, it's just helped improve my drawing. :) )

2B pencil on 80lb Strathmore Windpower drawing paper. Roughly 90 minutes.


Click here to see a larger version.

3 comments:

Bob Farrigan said...

Did you have a model for that or photo ref? Very nice piece by the way! I agree that this style a nice fit for you.

STOVEPIPE.NET said...

Wow! And how does that top stay on?

Jason Chalker said...

Bob- I did have a model I shot for something else. I did, however, embellish a bit. And Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

Mike- Magic.