6.27.2010

Memory Lane...

I had a family reunion this weekend out near Abilene,TX this weekend. It was a great opportunity to walk down memory lane and show my fiancé Lisa where I spent a good chunk of my early life.

Westwood Theatre
I was pleasantly surprised to see this theater was still in business. This was where I saw Star Wars when I was a kid and a ton of other movies. It hasn't changed a bit. (on the outside, at least)

Jack 'n' Jill Donuts
So many of the places I remember fondly from when I was a kid in Abilene have gone the way of the dodo. Jack 'n' Jill Donuts is one that has survived. Excellent donuts, and I've always love the logo.

Rattlers
My cousin and her husband train hunting dogs out in West Texas. One of the important things they do is train them to steer clear of rattle snakes. To do so, they have to keep a few snakes on hand.

Lisa and friend...
This is Lisa holding a 4 week old puppy at my cousins place. As you can see, she's about to explode from the cuteness.

No comments: